Wilson & Roe's Charlotte Wade and Anthony Lindsay Become Certified Mental Health First Aiders
July 29, 2022
Click on image to enlarge
Image: Charlotte Wade and Anthony Lindsay (far left and far right) from Wilson & Roe completed the two-day MHFA England course
Wilson & Roe's Charlotte and Anthony have completed the Certified MHFA England course to become Mental Health First Aiders.
The two-day course was delivered across four sessions through a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities covering a variety of topics built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
The course provided Charlotte and Anthony with the following:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that's self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a combination
Sarah Roscoe, Managing Director of Wilson & Roe, said: "I'm very pleased Charlotte and Anthony have undertaken this training on behalf of our company to benefit their colleagues and our working environment. The mental health and well-being of our people is paramount, and this is one of many steps we are taking as a workplace to ensure our employees feel supported."
Reflecting on the course, Charlotte and Anthony said: "It was an interesting insight into the complexities and challenges of our mental health. We now feel we have the practical strategies to fully support our colleagues."
Visit Mental Health First Aid England here: www.mhfaengland.org